- Do not shave, buzz, or trim any body hair for at least 3-4 weeks to ensure your hair is long enough for the wax to be able to grip. Body hair should be longer than one quarter to half an inch long to achieve a smooth, clean removal. It should be about the length of a grain of rice or longer. If you are currently waxing, wait at least 4 weeks (from last wax) to book an appointment for facial waxing and 4-6 weeks for body waxing.
- Exfoliate your skin 1-2 days before your appointment. This helps the wax to better grip the hair and helps prevent the wax from sticking and possibly lifting your skin. Waxing and dry, flaky skin do not mix. If this is your first time waxing, do not worry about it yet as we have all the exfoliant needed in our shop. If you don’t know what exfoliating is, click here.
- It is recommended that an ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory medicine be taken 30 minutes prior to your appointment. This could help reduce any inflammation, swelling, or redness that could occur.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before your appointment. Caffeine and alcohol are stimulants and can increase sensitivity, inflammation, and bleeding.
- No tanning for 48 hours before your appointment. This includes sun and salon tanning. It can cause your skin to lift when getting waxed. Waxing also has an exfoliating effect on the skin and can increase sensitivity and make you more susceptible to sunburn.
- Any area with sunburn, irritated areas, or open skin will not be waxed.
- Some moles and skin tags will not be waxed over, but they can be waxed around.
- When you come to your appointment, make sure that the area being waxed is clean. If the area is not clean, when the hair is pulled out of the follicle from waxing, bacteria can spread. Also, when the area is clean, it allows for an easy removal of the hair. Please shower thoroughly before any brazilian, bikini, and butt waxes.
- It is recommended to wear loose, old clothing to your appointment. This ensures that you will be comfortable when leaving in case of sensitivity. It is also good in case any wax would get on your clothing (not common but just in case!) You also might not want to wear big sweaters or anything hot because you might get sweaty on the table!
- If you would like to purchase numbing cream (No Scream Cream) before your appointment, click here. Although everyone reacts differently, if you have a low pain tolerance it is recommended. You will need to apply it 40 minutes before your appointment.
- Do not be nervous! You are in good hands. We are very experienced with all types of hair and people of every size and ethnicity. We will guide you through the entire process and make sure you leave happy!
*If you use any other the following please let us know:
These products can make skin thin and more sensitive to waxing which can result in lifting and extra sensitivity. Every individual reacts differently to these products and sometimes waxing can be done if a proper patch test is completed.
- Acne medication (Accutane, Differin, Isotretinoin)- Must be off for at least 1 year
- Retin A (or any products containing it or retinol)
- Bleaching agents for skin (Hydroquinone)
- Chemical depilatories (Nair)
- Benzoyl Peroxide (Proactive)
- High percentages of alpha hydroxy acids (Lactic, glycolic)
- Topical or oral antibiotics