- Do not tweeze, shave, or trim any facial hair for at least 3 weeks to ensure your hair is long enough for the wax to be able to grip. The longer the better! If you are getting a brow wax, this is very important so we can determine how fast your hair grows and allows us to help you get your best brow shape.
- Gently exfoliate your skin 2-3 days before your appointment. This helps the wax better grip the hair and helps prevent the wax from sticking and possibly lifting your skin. Waxing and dry, flaky skin do not mix. If you don’t know what exfoliating is, click here.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before your appointment. Caffeine and alcohol are stimulants and can increase sensitivity and inflammation.
- No tanning for 48 hours before your appointment. This includes sun and salon tanning. It can cause your skin to lift when getting waxed. Waxing also has an exfoliating effect on the skin and can increase sensitivity and make you more susceptible to sunburn.
- Any area with sunburn, irritated areas, or open skin will not be waxed.
- Some moles and skin tags will not be waxed over, but they can be waxed around.
- Do not be nervous! You are in good hands. We are very experienced with all types of hair and ethnicity. We will guide you through the entire process and make sure you leave happy!
*If you use any other the following, please let us know:
These products can make skin thin and more sensitive to waxing which can result in lifting and extra sensitivity. Every individual reacts differently to these products and sometimes waxing can be done if a proper patch test is completed.
- Acne medication (Accutane, Differin, Isotretinoin)- Must be off for at least 1 year
- Retin A (or any products containing it or retinol)
- Bleaching agents for skin (Hydroquinone)
- Chemical depilatories (Nair)
- Benzoyl Peroxide (Proactive)
- High percentages of alpha hydroxy acids (Lactic, glycolic)
- Topical or oral antibiotics